Top Tips for Planning your Day
Give yourself time to explore! There are plenty of things to keep you busy at Cheddar Gorge and Caves. Make sure you get here early so that you can get the most from your day.
How long will I spend on each activity?
Enjoy the sights in this spectacular cave with your audio guide – it takes a around 45 minutes.
Enjoy the magical atmosphere in this small cave and complete The Crystal Quest in around 20-30 minutes.
Cox’s Cave & The Crystal Quest will be closed between 4th January - 25th March 2016. Ticket holders visiting on this date can come back with their ticket to visit the cave on another date at no extra charge. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Climb the 274 steps to the Lookout Tower in 10 to 20 minutes depending on how fit you are!
Cliff-top Gorge Walk
This stunning 3-mile walk takes around 1½ hours. Why not take a picnic and relax and enjoy the spectacular views?
Gorge Open-top Bus Tour
An experience not to be missed; Running every 20 minutes the tour will provide amazing views and fascinating commentary.
During the winter period the Cheddar Gorge Open-Top Bus does not operate. For full running information on the bus please visit our Open-Top Bus page >>
Ticket holders visiting whilst this is not running can come back with their ticket to do the Gorge Bus Tour on another date at no extra charge. We apologise for any inconvenience caused
Cheddar Man - Museum of Prehistory
Discover the amazing story of how our ancestors survived the Ice Ages. In summer watch demonstrations of how our ancestors lived. Allow at least 30 minutes.
Planning to go caving or rock climbing? You will need 1½ hours for your activity (note that this is not included in the Gorge & Caves Explorer ticket).
Remember to allow time for…
- A delicious light lunch or coffee and cake in Costa Coffee. More on eating and drinking.
- Shopping for gifts, books and momentos in Cargo Cult, Collectors of Fantasy and the 30 other specialist shops. More on shopping.
- Walking between the locations takes up to 30 minutes depending on your speed!
Need to know
- Dogs are welcome in the gorge, caves and museum.
- The temperature in the caves remains constant at 11°C (52°F) all year round – so it appears warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Find It Fast
Be InspiredClick images to enlarge More Photos
"Amazing experience. The audio guide was fantastic."