Cheddar Gorge & Caves is a great day out for all, whether you are a Youth Group, Social or Special interest Group, Excursion operator or a group of friends. There are plenty of activities to keep everybody smiling all day. It doesn’t matter whether you are interested in nature, history or geology, or just want to see some breathtaking views and eat a tasty afternoon tea, you’ll find it all at Cheddar Gorge & Caves.
Generous discount on all ticket purchases for parties of 12 or more paying people.
- One FREE organiser ticket per group booking! Collect on day of visit.
- One FREE coach drivers ticket plus voucher for refreshments per group booking.
Collect on day of visit.
- One FREE adult caving or climbing for a group 10
- One FREE adult caving or climbing for a group of 6+ children
Includes all the Caves, Museum of Prehistory
& access to the 274-steps to the Lookout Tower
Gough’s Cave OR Museum of Prehistory
plus tea and cake
How to book
We will make sure you get exactly what you want from your day. For booking and
- 13 coach parking spaces
- Plenty of toilets including accessible toilets
- A range of shops for some serious retail therapy
Plan Your Day
Before the day
Risk Assessment: It is your responsibility to provide a full risk assessment for your visit to Cheddar Gorge & Caves. Download our Risk Assessment Guidance Sheet »
On the day
Tickets: The group leader needs to pick up your tickets.
Collect your tickets from the cashier at Gough’s Cave entrance.
Cheddar Gorge & Caves is a popular attraction and there is occasionally a small delay in collecting tickets for groups booked in at a specific time. Your patience is very much appreciated.
Payment: Payment is required in advance of your visit unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Group Manager. Cheddar Gorge & Caves accepts all major credit cards except Diners Club. For repeat group visits and at the discretion of Cheddar Gorge & Caves, invoices can be issued for group visits with strict payment terms of 30 days.
Emergency contact details: Please give the group leader’s or responsible person’s mobile number to the cashier at Gough’s Cave entrance on arrival. The number should also be circulated to all team leaders/helpers so that contact can be made if needed or in case of emergency.
Opening dates & times
Cheddar Gorge & Caves:
Open EVERY DAY except Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
Easter, May and Whitsun School Holidays: 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
July and August: 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
Rest of year: 10.30 am - 5.00 pm
Last admission to the caves, museum and tour bus is 30 minutes before the listed
The Gorge Tour Bus operates as follows:
February half term: daily
February half term until Easter: weekends only
Easter - end September: daily
- Group rates apply to parties of 12 paying people.
- Group rates only apply to groups all booking the same package.
- Group rates cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Children under 14 yrs must be supervised at all times. A minimum of one adult must accompany every 10 children/students. Unaccompanied children/students will not be admitted to the attractions.
- It is the responsibility of the group organiser to carry out a full risk assessment prior to making a group visit. Please request a familiarisation pass at the time of booking.
- Full payment must be made on arrival unless otherwise agreed in advance with Longleat Groups Manager.
- Cheddar Gorge & Caves reserves the right to close to the public, withdraw any activity, alter times, prices and events or services without prior notice.
- Cheddar Gorge & Caves operates a strict no refund policy.
- Cheddar Gorge & Caves reserves the right to refuse entry.
Children need to be properly supervised throughout their visit to Cheddar Gorge & Caves so we give you a number of free adult places according to the age of the children in your group: 1 free adult to every 10 children in school and college groups.
Find It Fast
Be InspiredClick images to enlarge More Photos »
"Superb and very professionally presented. Really enjoyable and informative. Thank you."
Richard and Emma