Rock Climbing: Take It To The Edge!
Rock climbing in Britain’s biggest gorge is something most people only dream about. Your adventure starts with a briefing from our X-treme Instructor who shows you how to put on the climbing harness and climbing helmet provided.
You are led past admiring onlookers to the base of our 50ft high X-treme buttress, rigged with 4 climbing ropes running through belay stations and back down to ground anchors.
The Instructor explains the techniques of route planning up a rock face, climbing using 3 points of contact and belaying a partner using a self-locking belay. You have 7 routes to choose from, ranging from very easy to quite difficult. See how many you can conquer during your session. At the top of each climb you are lowered off on your climbing rope (safety line) by the instructor, and have a chance to recover your breath while you belay someone else.
Certificate of Achievement
This is awarded to everyone who successfully completes the session.
Please telephone 01934 742 343 to check availability and book for adventure caving and rock climbing. Prepayment by credit or debit card is required to reserve places. This is non-refundable – although participants' names can be changed without penalty. A full refund is offered if rock climbing is cancelled due to bad weather.
|Time of Year||Daily from April to September – provided it is not raining!|
|Start Times||10.30 am, 1.00 pm, 3.00 pm|
|No of Participants||Minimum 1, Maximum 10|
|Price||Adults: £21 per person|
|Children: £19.00 per person|
Need to Know
- Minimum age: 11 years
- Minimum height: 4’8" (142 cm)
- Instructed / accompanied by experienced Cheddar Gorge X-treme leaders.
- Wear loose fitting trousers and t-shirt / sweat shirt and your own boots / trainers for climbing
- All safety equipment provided.
- Youth groups, defined as "6 or more young persons under the age of 18 years" - The youth group leader must be present, but not necessarily participate, in the rock climbing.
- AALA Reg No. L3210/R0238
- Prices valid until 31 December 2013
- Please see Safety Briefing
Gift Vouchers can be purchased in advance and the date/time left open for the recipient to book Adventure Caving or Rock Climbing at the time of their own choosing.
Find It Fast
Be InspiredClick images to enlarge More Photos
"A once in a lifetime experience and really cool."