Safety & Accessibility
We want to make sure that all visitors to Cheddar Gorge & Caves have an enjoyable and unforgettable day out and do so safely. Here are a few pointers to ensure you and our other visitors enjoy the visit.
- With rocky paths, cliff edges and high vantage points, it can be dangerous so please ensure children and other vulnerable people are carefully supervised.
- The Gorge Walk can be muddy and slippery underfoot on wet days. Wear walking shoes/boots and clothing to suit the weather. Be careful at cliff-edges.
- Those with severely restricted mobility will find much of Cheddar Gorge & Caves inaccessible including the caves, the Gorge Walk and the Lookout Tower. See accessibility notes on individual pages for details.
- Audio guides, audio loop systems and transcripts are available in many areas to assist those with impaired sight or hearing. See accessibility notes on individual pages for details.
- Staff are on-hand to help you, so please ask their advice to help you get the best experience.
Find It Fast
Be InspiredClick images to enlarge More Photos
"Amazing experience. The audio guide was fantastic."