Safety & Accessibility
We want to make sure that all visitors to Cheddar Gorge & Caves have an enjoyable and unforgettable day out and do so safely. Here are a few pointers to ensure you and our other visitors enjoy the visit.
- With rocky paths, cliff edges and high vantage points, it can be dangerous so please ensure children and other vulnerable people are carefully supervised.
- The Gorge Walk can be muddy and slippery underfoot on wet days. Wear walking shoes/boots and clothing to suit the weather. Be careful at cliff-edges.
- Those with severely restricted mobility will find much of Cheddar Gorge & Caves inaccessible including the caves, the Gorge Walk and the Lookout Tower. See accessibility notes on individual pages for details.
- Audio guides, audio loop systems and transcripts are available in many areas to assist those with impaired sight or hearing. See accessibility notes on individual pages for details.
- Staff are on-hand to help you, so please ask their advice to help you get the best experience.
Find It Fast
Be InspiredClick images to enlarge More Photos »
"I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff that made our excursion yesterday successful. All the children had a fantastic time and found it very interesting!"
MW Warminster Summer Schools